The Canadian Deafblind Association (Ontario Chapter) Inc. is a not-for-profit website that gives out information about deaf and blindness to the public.
For more than twenty-five years CDBRA Ontario has been involved in providing support and services to individuals who are deafblind and their families throughout the province.
The Ontario Chapter is governed by a Board of Directors that volunteer their time and expertise to establish policy and direction for the organization. The day-to-day operation of the organization is developed and supervised by a strong and capable Management Team, under the direction of the Executive Director.Intervention services are provided to our adult programs by our staff of more than seventy Intervenors.
A provincial organization that endeavours to:
- Promote public awareness of deafblindness as a unique disability.
- Promote the philosophy of Intervention.
- Work with government and other agencies to initiate and promote the development of programs designed to provide Intervention for individuals who are congenitally deafblind.
- Support the service delivery component of the organization.
- Promote training in the areas of deafblindness and Intervention.
- Act as a resource in addressing the needs of individuals who are deafblind.